A couple of my friends get on my case every once in a while because I don't like the Twins. It's really not that I don't like the Twins, I don't like any baseball teams, or anything relating to baseball, or any sports at all for that matter. I don't get what the big deal is. I never have, and I doubt I ever will.
"Come on, maybe you don't have to care about stats or scores or how they're doing this season," they'll say, "but you'd like going to a game. It's FUN," they say.
Well.
If I had any question in my mind as to whether or not I'm Twins Fan material, that's all be settled as of tonight.
TRY liking the Twins after you've been unexpectedly detoured, when you're less than five minutes away from your house, into downtown Minneapolis, near the Metrodome, when a Twins game is getting out. JUST TRY. Because it is impossible. I had to drive through crowds of ugly suburbanites wearing stupid jerseys (is that even what they're called when it's baseball?) that weren't paying crossing signals or oncoming cars any attention for thirty minutes.
That, my friends, is my idea of hell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment